Summer Break… Are You Ready?
As the school year comes to a close I begin to think about the summer. Summer break always feels like it takes forever to get here and then when it does it goes by in a flash.
Between the sleep overs, picnics, BBQ’s, and camps some days it seems just as busy as the school year. So much for a break! So here are a few tips to keep you from going crazy and you kids from saying “I’m bored”.
As adults with kids if you don’t already, work at making friends with other adults that have children. This may be single parents or even other couples. But one thing as a parent is that we all need a break from time to time. So develop friendships (we all need those) and work with people who you trust to swap kids. This may be for an evening for a dinner out, or another family is just planning on having fun.
Free activities – local and regional activities
– Go for a hike
– Check out your local library
– Visit your local parks
– Go for a swim
– Play in your sprinkler
– Bike riding
– Take a tour – a variety of businesses have free tours that are fun
– Get involved in your church
– send your kids to vacation bible school in your area
– play board games or card games
– climb a tree
– go Geocaching
Low cost activities
– Go fishing
– Visit a museum
– Concerts in the park
– Work on art and craft projects
– Have a water balloon fight
– go to the beach
– paint ball
– visit a local university
– go roller skating or roller blading
– miniature golf
– go to a fair
– check out websites for your state
Coupons and Discounts
– check out Facebook for local businesses and activities
– visit websites for coupons
There are tons of things to do you just have to be proactive and get involved. So I encourage you to get into your community and start living this summer!